Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah, Good Kwanzaa and a Fabulous Festivus. Whatever holiday you celebrate, odds are good you got some sort of gift over the past week or two. And, if you’re reading Lalawag, odds are also good that the gift in question was some sort of gadget.
Of course, like any good gadget connoisseur, you probably didn’t read the manual. Which means you’re likely due for a few fun new tricks to make that shiny new gadget live up to its full potential — and price tag. Fortunately, the web’s got you covered. Below is a selection of the best stories currently circling the web about how to get the most joy of your new toy.
iPhone & iPad:
- 5 Simple (But Hidden!) Tricks All The New iPhone/iPad Owners Should Know via TechCrunch
- The Best iPhone Apps of 2011 via The New York Times
- The Apps Every iPad Should Have via CNET
- Got an iPhone 4S For Christmas? Have Some Fun With Siri via Mashable
- Did You Get A New Android Phone? Do These Five Things Immediately via Mashable
- Tips, Tricks For Any Android Device via CNET
- Set Up & Get To Know Your Android Phone via Lifehacker
- Set Up Your Kindle Fire For Tiny Tablet Awesomeness via Gizmodo
- So You Got A Kindle Fire? Try Out Our First Timer Guide via Mashable
- Kindle Fire Setup: Key Apps, Settings & More For Your New Amazon Tablet via Huffington Post
- So You Got A Fancy New Camera: Here’s How To Use It via Gizmodo
- How To Use Your New Digital Camera via TechRadar